Felony Battery Criminal Defense Attorney to Fight your charge in South Florida
Learning you’re facing Felony Battery charges can be intimidating, but Rossen Law Firm is here to lend a helping (and expert) hand. We understand that bad things happen to good people. When they do, our firm is here to help - not judge.
What is a Felony Battery Crime in South Florida?
Felony Battery is committed when someone actually touches or injures another person against their will and causes severe injury.
Unlike aggravated battery, the offense does not involve the intent to cause great harm.
Legally speaking, in Florida, Felony Battery is the intentional and unconsented touching or striking of another person which results in great bodily harm or disfigurement. If you have a previous simple battery conviction, your second offense will be elevated to a felony battery charge.
CONSEQUENCES OF FELONY BATTERY IN FLORIDA
FELONY BATTERY CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
If you’re facing a felony battery charge - you’ve come to the right place. Rossen Law Firm has several years of experience providing a compassionate and expert defense to a range of battery charges.
While these situations can feel isolating, many others have been where you are, and Adam and his team have helped them come out the other side successfully.
Get in contact with our office if you’re facing felony battery charges. We’ll listen to your story, discuss the best action plan and see what resources may help you. We want to make sure that the results we get are best for you, not just now, but in the long run too.
Felony Battery Defenses In Floirda
- Necessity or Duress: A type of affirmative defense used to relieve the defendant of criminal liability in situations where the accused had reason to believe they were facing a danger or emergency. To justify the act, the objective appearance of a danger or emergency must be so apparent that any reasonable person under the same circumstances would believe the only way to avoid the imminent threat is by committing the charged crime.
- Self-Defense: Self-defense is a type of affirmative defense used to mitigate or avoid legal consequences of an otherwise unlawful use of force. It recognizes the commission of a violent act, but excuses the act on the grounds that it was reasonably necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to themselves. When a person is legally present and fearful of their life, Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law provides legal immunity to those who use deadly force to defend themselves.
- Consent or Mutual Combat: An important element of Felony Battery is non-consensual contact with the alleged victim. In Florida, consenting to be touched is an understood consequence of engaging in a physical altercation. When the defendant is not the aggressor and both parties are at fault, “mutual combat” can be used as a recognized battery defense.
Free Felony Battery Criminal Defense Strategy Session in Fort Lauderdale
We handle felony battery cases of all types. We know how to protect your rights and provide you with a personalized and aggressive defense to your criminal charges.
Our firm offers FREE strategy sessions so you can see how we’ll work to get the best possible outcome on your case.
Give us a call today:
HOW WE WIN FELONY BATTERY CASES IN FLORIDA
- Learn how we got Aggravated Battery charges dropped and criminal record expunged in Sunrise, Florida.
- Learn how Rossen Law Firm got Burglary with Battery charges dropped within a month in Broward County, Florida.