Hearing that you’re facing a Fort Lauderdale Sexual Cyberharassment charge can feel devastating and uncertain. You don’t have to go it alone, however – you have support from the experienced South Florida sexual cyberharassment lawyers at Rossen Law Firm. Our team of dedicated sex crimes attorneys is ready to defend your future and your rights today.
What is a Sexual Cyberharassment Crime?
Sexual Cyberharassment, commonly also known as revenge porn, is the distribution of consensually obtained sexually explicit images of another person without the depicted person’s permission.
CONSEQUENCES OF SEXUAL CYBERHARASSMENT IN FORT LAUDERDALE
As an attorney can further explain, a first offense for sexual cyberharassment in South Florida is a first-degree misdemeanor punishable by up to 1 year in jail, 1 year of probation, and a $1,000 fine.
If a person has a prior conviction for sexual cyberharassment and commits the offense again, it is considered a third-degree felony in Florida, with penalties of up to 5 years in prison, 5 years of probation, $5,000 in fines, and 60 days of vehicle impoundment or immobilization.
A person convicted of sexual cyberharrassment is subject to a minimum jail sentence of 10 days, per Florida’s Criminal Punishment Code.
SEXUAL CYBERHARASSMENT CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
If you’re facing a sexual cyberharassment charge in Fort Lauderdale- you’ve come to the right place. Rossen Law Firm has extensive experience providing a compassionate and expert defense to sexual cyberharassment charges in South Florida.
Facing a sexual cyberharassment charge is difficult enough. The last thing you need is someone judging you for it. Our firm is a judgment-free zone where your respect and dignity are our highest priority.
Give our office a call if you’re facing a sexual cyberharassment charge. A dedicated South Florida sexual cyberharassment lawyer will listen to your story, discuss the best course of action for you, and see what resources may help you. One mistake shouldn’t have the power to ruin your life – that’s why we’re here; to fight to ensure it doesn’t.
Sexual Cyberharassment Defenses
- Consent: One component of the offense is that the individual did not consent to having their photo shared. Evidence that the depicted individual consented to having their image shared can be used as a defense.
- Anonymity: It can be argued that the crime did not occur if the poster did not include any identifying information of the individual in the photo or video shared.
- No Right to Privacy: According to the law, an individual has a reasonable expectation of privacy when sending an explicit photo to one person. However, if the image was sent to multiple people or posted online, that right to privacy may not exist and can be used as grounds for defense.
Free Sexual Cyberharassment Criminal Defense Strategy Session
We handle sexual cyberharassment cases of all sorts. We know how to protect your rights and provide you with an aggressive defense to your specific charges.
We offer FREE strategy sessions – at your first, free meeting, we create an initial defense strategy and you’ll know what to expect from our firm and the criminal justice system. We answer all your questions and empower you with all the information you need to make confident decisions about your case and which lawyer to hire to defend you.
HOW WE WIN SEX CRIME CASES IN FLORIDA
- Learn how we got a Lewd & Lascivious Molestation Investigation Ended without Arrest in North Miami Beach, FL.
- Learn how Rossen Law Firm got a falsely accused Rape charge dropped in South Florida.