Unlawful Use of Two-Way Communications: Fort Lauderdale Criminal Defense Attorney to Fight your South Florida Charge
Hearing that you’re facing an Unlawful Use of Two-Way Communications charge can feel like you’ve now suddenly been labeled as a ‘criminal’, but Rossen Law Firm is here to listen to your side of the story. Helping you make the best decisions about your future is more than just our job; it’s our purpose.
What is an Unlawful Use of Two-Way Communications Crime in Florida?
The crime of Unlawful Use of a Two-Way Communications Device is committed when a person uses a two-way communications device to assist in committing a felony or to escape from or avoid detection, arrest, trial, conviction, or punishment in connection to any felony.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNLAWFUL USE OF TWO WAY COMMUNICATIONS CRIMES IN FLORIDA
The crime of Unlawful Use of Two-Way Communications is a third-degree felony, with penalties of up to 5 years in prison, 5 years of probation, and $5,000 in fines.
UNLAWFUL USE OF TWO-WAY COMMUNICATIONS CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
Everyone makes mistakes; that’s life. No matter how good you are, smart you are, or careful you are. But one mistake should not have the power to ruin your life. If you’re facing an Unlawful Use of Two-Way Communications charge- we are here to help you through this challenging time.
Facing an Unlawful Use of Two-Way Communications charge is stressful. Your life, your job, your family, your record, and your finances are at stake. We are here to listen, not judge, answer any burning questions. We’ll discuss our plan of action to achieve an amazing outcome for your case.
We believe that bad things happen to good people. If this is you, please give our office a call. We always go above and beyond on every case we take because your success is our success.
Unlawful Use of Two-Way Communications Defenses in Florida
- Double Jeopardy: In many sex crimes cases, for example, a defendant will frequently be charged with both Unlawful Use of a Two-Way Communications Device and Traveling to Meet a Minor for Unlawful Sex. However, because the use of a computer is an element of Traveling to Meet a Minor for Unlawful Sex, the elements of Unlawful Use of a Two-Way Communications Device are contained within the offense of Traveling to Meet a Minor for Unlawful Sex and would be subject to dismissal if convicted of both charges. This could be a defense to the crime.
- Misdemeanor Facilitation: It is a defense to the crime of Unlawful Use of a Two-Way Communications Device if the device was used to facilitate a misdemeanor instead of a felony.
Free Unlawful Use of Two-Way Communications Criminal Defense Strategy Session in South Florida
No matter the circumstances, Rossen Law Firm wants to hear exactly what happened directly from you. Every case is unique and each distinct detail matters. The facts surrounding your case are very important in determining our strategy.
Rossen Law Firm offers a FREE strategy session so you know how we’ll plan to get the best possible result for your case. Unlike most law firms, we don’t put a time limit on this meeting.
Give us a call today:
- Fort Lauderdale: (754) 206-6200
- Sunrise: (754) 999-2499
- Boca Raton: (561) 880-8181
HOW WE WIN OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE CASES IN FLORIDA
- Disorderly conduct and resisting arrest charges DROPPED in Hollywood, Florida.
- Battery on a Police Officer charges DISMISSED in Boca Raton.