If you’re charged with the crime of sale of a controlled substance in South Florida, look no further. Rossen Law Firm has the best drug defense attorneys and team to win your controlled substance criminal case.
What is a Sale of a Controlled Substance Crime in Fort Lauderdale?
The sale of a controlled substance includes activities of trading, giving away, manufacturing, distributing, delivering and exchanging controlled substances.
The Florida Statute defines sale of controlled substance as:
- The accused sold a substance
- The substance was a controlled substance
- The accused knew of the presence of the substance
In some instances, you could be found guilty for the crime of the sale of a controlled substance even if you didn’t actually sell drugs. Selling a controlled substance includes such activities listed above and even offering to perform any of those activities — meaning you could AGREE to actually sell a controlled substance, and be arrested and charged in Florida even if you haven’t committed the actual action yet.
CONSEQUENCES OF SALE OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE IN SOUTH FLORIDA
Sale of controlled substance criminal charges are amongst the most harshly punished drug offenses in all of the criminal law. Even first-time drug sale offenders face lengthy jail or prison times upon criminal convictions. The association between drug use and criminal activity has impacted the severity of the penalties for the sale and delivery of drugs tremendously. If you are suspected of dealing drugs, the State of Florida will prosecute you to the maximum extent of the law.
The charges for the crime of sale of a controlled substance depends on the controlled substance and even the amount of a drug. For example:
Find the legal definition of possession on our drug crime page.
SALE OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY
If you’re facing a new criminal charge for the sale of a controlled substance in Fort Lauderdale- you’ve come across one of the most compassionate and hard-working law firms. Rossen Law Firm has extensive experience expert defense to charges related to the sale of a controlled substance.
Give our office a call if you’re facing charges for the sale of a controlled substance. We go to work the moment we’re hired and use all of our resources to achieve the greatest results possible for you & your future. We will make things right for you.
Sale of a Controlled Substance Defenses
- Lack of knowledge: In order for an individual to be charged with the crime of sale of a controlled substance, the State must prove that the accused had knowledge of the drug possession. Without that proof, the defense of lack of knowledge can be used and serve as a complete defense to the crime of sale of a controlled substance. This defense is used in instances such as: you allowed your friend to stay over your house and you both were found in possession of individually bagged up controlled substances but YOU had no knowledge or participation in the organization of the drugs. Rossen Law Firm could argue that you had a lack of knowledge of the controlled substance and it was introduced and planted by someone else.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: This defense can be used if law enforcement officers use their power incorrectly and illegally require individuals to submit to a vehicle, home or body search. If the Rossen Law Firm can prove police illegally searched you, we can file what is called a “motion to suppress” to the clerk, the courts can then suppress the evidence as having been illegally collected.
Free Sale of a Controlled Substance Criminal Defense Strategy Session in Fort Lauderdale
Rossen Law Firm is here to assist you with any questions or concerns that you have regarding your charge for the sale of a controlled substance in South Florida. We are looking forward to sitting down with you and determining the best route for the highest level of success on your case.
We offer FREE strategy sessions to our potential clients. We are looking forward to welcoming you into the Rossen Law Firm family.
HOW WE WIN DRUG CRIME CASES IN FLORIDA
- Learn how we got a felony marijuana intent to sell charge lowered to a misdemeanor in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Learn how Rossen Law Firm got a Possession of Oxycodone Case Thrown Out in Pembroke Pines, Florida.