Being charged with Federal Medicaid Fraud is a serious crime.. The process of being charged with a crime can be confusing and overwhelming; which is why it is important to retain an experienced federal health care fraud attorney.
What is a Federal Medicaid Fraud Crime?
Medicaid programs prohibit fraudulent conduct such as knowingly submitting false or fraudulent claims, or submitting false documentation in attempts to wrongfully qualify for medicaid and more.
Federal laws that govern both Medicare fraud and Medicaid fraud include:
- False Claims Act (FCA)
- Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS)
- Physician Self-Referral Law (Stark Law)
- Social Security Act, which includes the Exclusion Statute and the Civil Monetary Penalties Law (CMPL)
- United States Criminal Code
Medicaid programs prohibit the fraudulent conduct addressed by these laws.
CONSEQUENCES OF FEDERAL MEDICAID FRAUD
Medicare fraud is a serious federal crime. If you or someone you know is found guilty and convicted of Medicare Fraud in South Florida, they can face the following punishments:
- Civil penalties may include recovery of up to three times the amount of damages sustained by the Government as a result of the false claims, plus financial penalties per false claim filed
- Criminal penalties (for false, fictitious claims) can include fines, prison time or both.
FEDERAL MEDICAID FRAUD ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
When facing such serious federal health care fraud charges it’s important to have an attorney with experience on your side.
Our Fort Lauderdale lawyers can successfully handle federal medicaid fraud cases. Our team includes former state prosecutors who know the tactics of the federal prosecutors and how they think. We work with you to build the very best case against your allegations so that you can achieve your best future.
Federal Medicaid Fraud Defense Strategies
Each case and client is different, so we customize the defense strategies based on the facts of each case.
Some things we do ensure, however, is that we contact witnesses, conduct in-depth interviews, research, investigations and depositions to make sure that we have access to any and all information available to your case.
Free Federal Medicaid Fraud Defense Strategy Session in South Florida
If you’re facing a Federal Medicaid Fraud charge or allegation, you’re in the right place. Our team is experienced and is here to walk you through each step. We know the process is scary and that’s why we support you the whole way to ensure you are never left in the dark. We arm you with all the information you need to make empowered decisions based on your case. We offer a personalized and aggressive approach catered to you.
We offer FREE strategy sessions so you know how we’ll work to get the best possible result on your case for you. Contact a Fort Lauderdale federal Medicaid fraud lawyer today to get started.
HOW WE WIN FEDERAL & CRIMINAL DEFENSE CASES IN FLORIDA
- Rossen Law Firm helped a man avoid minimum prison time for a Federal Child Porn possession charge in South Florida.
- Rossen Law Firm gets Credit Card fraud case dropped in Boca Raton, Florida.
- A Mother & Son’s Insurance Fraud Charges Dropped in Fort Lauderdale.