Facing charges or an investigation for a federal antitrust violation cannot be easy. Violating the law is a stressful time where you are subject to many different hardships and inconveniences, such as going to court and facing jail time and fees. Fortunately, our South Florida antitrust violations lawyers at Rossen Law Firm are here to help. To discuss your options with an expert white collar defense attorney, reach out to our Fort Lauderdale office.
What is a Federal Antitrust Violations Crime?
An antitrust violations crime is when a company or business purposely fixes prices that put their competitors in a disadvantageous position. For example, if a business marks their prices down significantly for a good in attempts to ensure that other businesses will be unable to compete, this is considered an antitrust violation crime.
A federal antitrust violation is when a law that was designed to protect trade and commerce from abusive practices such as price-fixing, retraints, price discrimination and monopolization is violated.
Federal Antitrust Laws are the Sherman Act (15 U.S.C. §§ 1-7) and the Clayton Act (15 U.S.C. §§ 12-27).
- Sherman Act
- According to the Sherman Act, any contract, trust or conspiracy that restraints trade in commerce among numerous states or other nations is illegal.
- Clayton Act
- The Clayton Act defines many different components of “Antitrust laws” such as an act “to protect trade and commerce against unlawful restraints and monopolies” and many more.
CONSEQUENCES OF FEDERAL ANTITRUST VIOLATIONS
If you are in danger of being convicted of a federal antitrust violation in Ft. Lauderdale, do not take this lightly. A federal antitrust violation can mean large fines and prison time that could negatively affect your future. You do not want to pay outrageous amounts in fines or facetime in prison that would go on your record.
- Violation of the Sherman Act, can result in individual fines of up to $1 Million and corporate fines of up to $100 Million.
- Up to 10 years in federal prison is also possible
OUR FEDERAL ANTITRUST VIOLATIONS ATTORNEYS ARE HERE TO HELP
Don’t panic if you are facing federal antitrust violation charges, but you need to act quickly. Our firm has dedicated attorneys who have dealt with federal antitrust violations crimes across South Florida. You can count on us to work to ensure that your case has the best possible outcome.
Free Federal Antitrust Violations Defense Strategy Session in South Florida
If you’re facing federal charges for Antitrust Violations, you want your case to be in safe hands with lawyers aggressively fighting for your rights and employing defenses that are unique to your specific case. Rossen Law Firm is that firm.
We offer FREE consultations (we call them strategy sessions) so you know how we’ll work to get the best possible result on your case for you. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment with a Fort Lauderdale federal antitrust violations lawyer.
HOW WE WIN FEDERAL & CRIMINAL DEFENSE CASES
- Rossen Law Firm helped a man avoid minimum prison time for a Federal Child Porn possession charge in South Florida.
- Rossen Law Firm gets Credit Card fraud case dropped in Boca Raton, Florida.
- A Mother & Son’s Insurance Fraud Charges Dropped in Fort Lauderdale.