We know facing criminal allegations for a Soliciting a Child for Sex crime in South Florida can feel overwhelming, but the diligent sex crimes attorneys at Rossen Law Firm are here to guide you every step of the way. A compassionate lawyer from our firm can fight for you and defend your rights today.
What is a Soliciting Child for Sex Crime?
Soliciting a Child for Sex is a sex crime in Florida, and is defined as: the use of an online service, internet service, or electronic device to seduce, solicit, lure, or entice a minor, or person believed to be a minor, to engage in unlawful sexual conduct. (FLA. STAT. § 847.0135 – 2019)
CONSEQUENCES OF SOLICITING A CHILD FOR SEX IN FORT LAUDERDALE
Soliciting a Child for Unlawful Sex is assigned a Level 7 offense severity ranking under Florida’s Criminal Punishment Code. Without any grounds for a Judge to grant a downward departure sentence, a judge is required to sentence a person convicted of Soliciting a Child for Sex to a minimum sentence of 21 months in prison. Without special circumstance, this means you’re guaranteed at least 21 months in prison for soliciting a child for sex if you’re convicted.
As an attorney can further explain, each separate use of a computer, online service, Internet service, or electronic device can be charged as a separate, unique, criminal offense in Fort Lauderdale.
This means that if you use a computer on 4 separate occasions to discuss engaging in unlawful sex with the person believed to be a minor, you can be charged with 4 separate counts of Soliciting a Child for Unlawful Sexual Conduct Using a Computer.
SOLICITING A CHILD FOR SEX CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
If you face charges for Soliciting a Child for Sex in South Florida – we are here to lend an expert hand and help you through this challenging time. Rossen Law Firm has extensive experience providing a compassionate and expert defense to Soliciting a Child for Sex charges.
Everyone makes mistakes; that’s life. We are here to listen, not judge, and to answer any questions you will have. At the Rossen Law Firm we guarantee a judgment-free zone where your respect and dignity are our utmost priority.
Get in touch with our office if you’re facing Soliciting a Child for Sex charges in South Florida. We’ll listen to your story, discuss the best course of action for you, and help guide you in the right direction. One mistake shouldn’t have the power to destroy your life – and we’ll fight to make sure it doesn’t.
Soliciting Child for Sex Defenses in Florida
- Entrapment: An entrapment defense can be used when law enforcement induces a person to commit a crime that the person was not otherwise predisposed to commit. Determining if this defense is viable depends on who initiated the discussions of unlawful sexual acts, persistence of law enforcement to commit the acts, documented instances of reluctance by the defendant to commit the unlawful sexual act, and defendant’s expressed sexual interests.
- Diminished Capacity: The defendant may have had diminished capacity or mental instability at the time of the offense; a possible defense is that the defendant did not have the intention or mental state to commit the crime.
- Lack of Seduction, Solicitation, Luring, or Enticement: A key element of Soliciting a Child for Sex is that the defendant either seduce, solicit, lure, or entice the child or person thought to be a child to engage in an illegal sexual act. Each word, however, has a specific legal meaning and if the defendant did not actually engage in acts that would comprise one of those elements, a conviction cannot be upheld.
Free Soliciting Child for Sex Criminal Defense Strategy Session
We handle Soliciting a Child for Sex cases of all sorts. Our firm knows how to protect your rights and provide you with a personalized and aggressive defense to your criminal charges.
We offer FREE strategy sessions so you know how we’ll plan to fight your case and get the best results possible.
HOW WE WIN FORT LAUDERDALE SEX & CHILD ABUSE CASES
- Learn how we got a Lewd & Lascivious Molestation Investigation Ended without Arrest in North Miami Beach, FL.
- Learn how we got Aggravated Child Abuse Reduced to Contributing to the Dependency of a Minor in Pembroke Pines, Florida.