Robbery Crimes Criminal Defense Attorney to Fight your charge in South Florida
Have you or a loved one been arrested or currently under investigation for a Robbery charge? We understand the search for the right attorney can be exhausting and receiving new criminal charges can be extremely difficult to overcome on your own. Rossen Law Firm is composed of highly qualified defense attorneys and staff to defeat your new Robbery charges. Because of our genuine care for our clients, we do not back down from a fight because we understand your freedom and rights are the most important to you. Everyone makes mistakes and we do not plan on letting your charges destroy your life.
Rest assured you have come to the right place and we can relieve some of that stress by providing you with expert experience and supportive advice.
What is a Robbery?
When someone commits the crime of Robbery, they take another person’s property with the intention of not returning it back to them.
According to Florida Statute 812.13, the crime of Robbery is committed when a person intentionally and unlawfully takes money or property from another person through the use of inducing fear, violence, assault, or force.
COMMON ROBBERY CRIMES
Robbery by Sudden Snatching:
- Robbery by Sudden Snatching is the action of taking money or other property from a person with the intention to keep it permanently without their permission. In the act of taking money or other property, the person became aware that they were being robbed.
Robbery with a Deadly Weapon:
- Robbery with a Deadly Weapon occurs when a person takes something from someone else and uses violence or threats with a deadly weapon.
Robbery with a Firearm:
- Robbery with a Firearm occurs when a person takes money or other property from someone else and uses violence or force while in possession of a firearm.
- A Home Invasion Robbery occurs when a person enters a dwelling such as a home or a place of residence with the intent to unlawfully take money or property from the residents through the use of violence or threats.
- Carjacking is the action of a person intentionally taking another individual’s vehicle while using force or threats. Carjacking is more harshly punished when the use of a weapon or firearm is used during the course of the crime.
CONSEQUENCES OF ROBBERY CRIMES IN FORT LAUDERDALE
Crimes of Robbery are more severely punished when a weapon or firearm is involved but usually prosecuted as a felony. Under Florida law, this can mean many years behind bars if you do not act quickly and hire an experienced defense attorney.
For example, the crime of Robbery, a person who takes money or other property from someone else without a weapon or firearm, is a second-degree felony. A second-degree felony carries consequences of up to 15 years in prison and fines of up to $10,000.
On the other hand, the crime of Robbery with a Firearm, a person who takes money or other property from someone else with the use of a weapon or firearm. First-degree felony charges carry potential consequences of up to 30 years in prison, and fines totaling up to $10,000, according to Florida law.
ROBBERY CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
If you, or someone you know, are facing charges for Robbery - your search for the right law firm is complete. Rossen Law Firm has extensive experience providing a compassionate and expert defense to Robbery charges.
We understand that Robbery crimes are often committed because of necessity - not the act of an experienced criminal. If you’re facing Robbery charges, don’t hesitate to contact our office a call today. We’ll sit down with you, listen to your story, and discuss the best plan of action for your charges. We are committed to providing our clients with results they can be happy about.
Free Robbery Criminal Defense Strategy Session
We’ve have handled a variety of different robbery crimes and cases and have mastered our ability to create perfect defenses against the charges.
We are so confident in our methods that we offer FREE strategy session for our potential clients, so they may see for themselves.
Give us a call today:
See all locations Rossen Law Firm practices Robbery Criminal Defense.