Kidnapping: Fort Lauderdale Criminal Defense Attorney to Fight your South Florida Charge
Facing a criminal Kidnapping charge in Florida can feel devastating, but Rossen Law Firm is here to listen to your side of the story and protect your rights as fully as possible.
We take the time to empower you with all the information you need to make the best decisions for your future and your case.
What is a Kidnapping Crime in Florida?
Kidnapping is when a person illegally confines someone else and sometimes uses them as a means to commit another crime.
The crime of Kidnapping in Florida is committed when a person illegally and forcibly, secretly, or by threat confines, abducts, or imprisons another person against their will, with the intent to:
- Hold the victim for ransom or reward or as a shield or hostage;
- Commit or assist commission of a felony;
- Inflict bodily harm upon or to terrorize the victim or another person; or
- Obstruct the performance of any governmental or political function.
CONSEQUENCES OF KIDNAPPING CRIMES IN FLORIDA
Kidnapping is assigned a Level 9 offense severity ranking under Florida’s Criminal Punishment Code, meaning the minimum penalty for a conviction is 4 years in prison.
KIDNAPPING CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
If you’re facing a Kidnapping charge in South Florida- we are here to help you through this challenging time. Rossen Law Firm has extensive experience providing a compassionate and effective defense to personal liberty crimes of all sorts, including Kidnapping charges.
Facing a Kidnapping charge can feel stressful. Your way of life, your job, your family, your record, and your finances are at stake. We always go above and beyond on every case we take because your success is our success.
Give our office a call if you’re facing a Kidnapping charge in Florida. We’ll listen to your story, discuss the best course of action for you, and see what resources may help you. Helping you is more than just our job; it’s our purpose.
Kidnapping Defenses in Florida
- Incidental Confinement: A kidnapping conviction cannot be upheld if the only confinement involved is incidental to, and likely to accompany, a different underlying felony charge. It is the intentional confinement of a victim, not their incidental movement, that justifies the kidnapping conviction. As a result, someone who holds up a store clerk, for example, cannot be convicted of Kidnapping because they told someone to stand in a certain spot (they could, however, be convicted of False Imprisonment).
Free Kidnapping Criminal Defense Strategy Session in South Florida
We’ve successfully handled several different kidnapping cases and are confident we can give you the individualized and aggressive defense you deserve to protect your rights.
Rossen Law Firm offers a FREE strategy session so you know how we’ll plan to get the best possible result for your case. Unlike most law firms, we don’t put a time limit on this meeting.
Give us a call today:
HOW WE WIN KIDNAPPING CASES IN FLORIDA
- Learn how we got a Violation of Probation for Sexual Battery & Kidnapping case DISMISSED in South Florida.