Federal Securities Fraud Criminal Defense Attorney to Fight your South Florida Charge
Facing Federal Securities Fraud criminal charges or finding out you’re under investigation can be stressful. You may be worried about prison time, charges, the investigation, your family or more. We know how this can make your future feel uncertain and we’re here to help.
What is a Federal Securities Fraud Crime in Florida?
Federal Securities Fraud is when someone manipulates or lies about financial information in order to make a profit from investors.
Some common types of Federal Securities Fraud include:
- Misrepresentation: Misrepresentation is when someone relays information about the worth of a security in a false manner. Misrepresentation is done in order to make more profit by misinforming the person of the security value so that they pay more for the security.
- Insider Trading: Insider Trading is when someone who has access to private financial information leaks the information to an outsider who is not authorized with access to this information. This is unlawful because not all investors have knowledge of this financial information and this information could influence whether or not someone chooses to invest in a security.
- Outside Trading: Outsider Trading is when someone hacks into a financial system database with the purpose of discovering private information that is not released to the public.
- Churning: Churning is when someone convinces a client to invest excessively so that the broker makes more commission from the client, even though it is not in the client’s best interests.
- Accounting Fraud: Accounting Fraud is when someone releases false or manipulated information to the public in order to encourage them to invest in a security by making the financial records seem better than they actually are.
According to 18 U.S. Code § 1348:
Whoever knowingly executes, or attempts to execute, a scheme or artifice—
- to defraud any person in connection with any commodity for future delivery, or any option on a commodity for future delivery, or any security of an issuer with a class of securities
- to obtain, by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, any money or property in connection with the purchase or sale of any commodity for future delivery, or any option on a commodity for future delivery, or any security of an issuer with a class of securities
Is considered to have committed a federal securities fraud offense.
CONSEQUENCES OF FEDERAL SECURITIES FRAUD CRIMES
If you are under investigation for Federal Securities Fraud, do not take this charge nonchalantly. Being convicted of Federal Securities Fraud can have harsh consequences, including prison time and hefty fines.
- You are looking at up to 25 years in prison for Federal Securities Fraud.
- In 2018, the average prison term for those found guilty of Federal Securities Fraud was between 20-24 months. Since this is an average, this means that there were also sentences that were much higher as well.
- Fines for Federal Securities Fraud can go up to $5 million.
FEDERAL FEDERAL SECURITIES FRAUD DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
Do not fret if you are currently facing charges for Federal Security Fraud. We are attorneys with years of experience in federal defense and will work day and night to guarantee that your Federal Security Fraud Case has the best possible outcome. We work hard so that you can stay stress-free.
Free Federal Securities Fraud Defense Strategy Session in South Florida
Contact us for attorneys who know how to handle your Federal Security Fraud Case, no matter what type. Our main priority is ensuring your rights are not violated and fighting for you as aggressively as we can to ensure that you get the best possible outcome on your Federal Security Fraud Case.
We offer FREE consultations (we call them strategy sessions) so you know how we’ll work to get the best possible result on your case for you.
Give us a call today:
HOW WE WIN FEDERAL & CRIMINAL DEFENSE CASES IN FLORIDA
- Rossen Law Firm helped a man avoid minimum prison time for a Federal Child Porn possession charge in South Florida.
- Rossen Law Firm gets Credit Card fraud case dropped in Boca Raton, Florida.
- A Mother & Son’s Insurance Fraud Charges Dropped in Fort Lauderdale.