Federal Medicare Fraud Criminal Defense Attorney to Fight your Charge in South Florida
Are you currently under federal investigation or facing charges for Medicare fraud? Our office is here to help. These are serious charges and you need an experienced federal attorney on your side to fight for the very best outcome.
What is a Federal Medicare Fraud Crime in Florida?
Medicare fraud is a federal felony with serious penalties. Medicare fraud includes a person knowingly submitting false claims or making false representations to obtain a federal health care payment or reimbursement that the person is not entitled to. There are many different kinds of medicare fraud, but in the end they all aim to collect money from the federal Medicare program illegitimately.
Under the False Claims Statute [31 U.S.C. § § 3729-3733] it is illegal to submit claims for payment to Medicare or Medicaid that you know or should know are false or fraudulent.
CONSEQUENCES OF FEDERAL MEDICARE FRAUD IN FLORIDA
Defrauding the Federal Government, and it’s programs - such as Medicare - is illegal. When someone commits medicare fraud, they are exposed to federal criminal, civil and other punishments that can lead to federal prison time, fines and various other penallties.
Medicare fraud is a serious federal crime. If you or someone you know is found guilty and convicted of Medicare Fraud they can face the following punishments:
- Civil penalties may include recovery of up to three times the amount of damages sustained by the Government as a result of the false claims, plus financial penalties per false claim filed
- Criminal penalties (for false, fictitious claims) can include fines, prison time or both.
FEDERAL MEDICARE FRAUD ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
When facing such serious federal charges it is important that you have a legal team on your side that understands the process and knows the prosecutor's game plan. As former prosecutors and defense attorneys, our team can build you the best defense possible for your case.
Federal Medicare Fraud Defense Strategies
- There are a few strategies that we use. The first thing is to slow down the government’s process by using our experience to communicate with the agents and prosecutors that there is more than one side to the story.
- Secondly, we can look for faulty assumptions to rule out. One of the biggest strategies we use is to look for evidence the government may have that is not strong enough to hold up in court, or that was not legally obtained.
Free Federal Medicare Fraud Defense Strategy Session in South Florida
Our award-winning attorney team knows how the other side thinks and plays. We have years of experience defending clients against charges of Federal medicare fraud. We are on your side and here to create a personalized defense plan for you!
We offer FREE strategy sessions so you know how we’ll work to get the best possible result on your case for you.
Give us a call today:
HOW WE WIN FEDERAL & CRIMINAL DEFENSE CASES IN FLORIDA
- Rossen Law Firm helped a man avoid minimum prison time for a Federal Child Porn possession charge in South Florida.
- Rossen Law Firm gets Credit Card fraud case dropped in Boca Raton, Florida.
- A Mother & Son’s Insurance Fraud Charges Dropped in Fort Lauderdale.