Drug Crimes Criminal Defense Attorney to Fight your charge in South Florida
Receiving new criminal charges can be extremely overwhelming and stressful. If you or someone you know has been arrested, contacted by the police, in the process of finding a lawyer, been officially charged, committed a crime and believe you are being investigated for, you have certain stresses that would otherwise not be present; causing you to overthink what this means for your future.
We know facing charges drug charges can be overpowering, but Rossen Law Firm is here to lend a helping (and expert) hand.
What is a Drug Crime?
Drug crimes are considered to be any crime that involves the use, creation, or dealing with narcotics.
We all have heard of the phrase “war on drugs”. Drug crimes are highly linked to other forms of criminal activity like drug cartels, gangs, and organized crime. This triggers drug crimes to have harsh consequences in the criminal justice system, dramatically increasing prison sentences and prison populations. In legal terms, a crime that is drug-related is the action to possess, manufacture, or distribute drugs categorized as having a potential for illegal use.
COMMON DRUG CRIMES IN FLORIDA
- Drug possession is the crime of having one or more illegal drugs in your possession, either for your own personal use, distribution, sale, or for others.
- The law breaks up the crime of drug possession with intent to sell into two subsections: the possession of the drugs, and the intent to distribute them.
- A controlled substance is a prescription medication, illegal drug, or any other banned substance that has the potential to be illegally used.
- Drug paraphernalia is a term, to use any equipment, product, or accessory that is intended for making, using, or concealing drugs, typically for personal use.
- You can be charged with drug delivery if the State can prove that you had possession of a drug with intent to sell.
- Drug Trafficking generally involves illegal controlled substances, such as heroin, cocaine, and methamphetamines, but it can also involve the illegal distribution of prescription drugs.
- Drug trafficking, also known as drug distribution, is the crime of selling, transporting, or illegally importing controlled substances, such as heroin, cocaine, or other illegal drugs.
- Conspiracy to commit the offense occurs when two or more people agree or conspire to commit trafficking.
- The sale of a controlled substance includes activity that involves bartering, giving away, manufacturing, distributing, delivering, exchanging, or even offering to perform any of those activities.
- The crime of the Cultivation of Cannabis is committed when a person grows or grows cannabis plants for any use.
- The introduction of contraband into a detention facility is a criminal defense that is described as intentionally bringing in contraband, drugs, weapons, and other prohibited items, into a detention facility or jail.
CONSEQUENCES OF DRUG CRIMES IN FLORIDA
Depending on your Florida Drug crime charge, you could be looking at anywhere from 1 year in jail and a $1,000 fine all the way up to 15 or even 30 years in Florida State prison and a $750,000 fine.
There are multiple types of drug crimes so the consequences vary for Florida drug crimes. Many factors such as the type of drug, how it was packaged, prior convictions, and other impacts on how one will be penalized. Penalties for drug possession range from a small fine to a few days in jail to a large fine and several years in state prison. A small drug possession charge sentence tends to be the lightest, while the intention to distribute drugs or the cultivation/manufacturing of drugs carries much harsher consequences.
DRUG CRIMES CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
If you, or someone you know, are facing a drug charge - you’ve come to the right place. Rossen Law Firm has extensive experience providing a compassionate and expert defense to drug crime charges.
Contrary to the belief of the criminal justice system, we believe that drug crimes (especially marijuana charges) are not “gate-ways” to crime, aggressive behavior, and linked to criminal charges. Therefore, we understand that connecting drugs to criminals is a problematic misconception in society. If you’re facing drug charges, give our office a call. We’ll listen to your story and discuss the best course of action for you. One mistake shouldn’t have the power to ruin your life, and we’re here to help ensure that this does not occur.
Free Drug Crimes Criminal Defense Strategy Session
We’ve successfully handled a variety of drug crime charges and cases and are positive we can give you the personalized and aggressive defense you deserve to defend your rights.
We believe in our methods so strongly that we even offer a FREE strategy session so you can see for yourself.
Give us a call today:
See all locations Rossen Law Firm practices Drug Crime Defense.
HOW WE WIN DRUG CRIMES CASES
- Learn how we got Felony cocaine charge DROPPED in 1 MONTH in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Learn how Rossen Law Firm got multiple charges of Possession of Marijuana, Drug Paraphernalia & Driving on a Suspended License dismissed in Plantation, Florida.