Discharging a Firearm in Public Criminal Defense Attorney to Fight your South Florida Charge
Receiving new Florida criminal charges for discharging a firearm in public can be extremely overwhelming and emotionally draining. If you or a loved one were arrested, or contacted by the police, or believe you are being investigated, rest assured Rossen Law Firm is here to assist you with all your legal needs.
What is a Florida Discharging a Firearm in Public Crime?
It is against Florida law to discharge or shoot a gun in a public place.
The crime of discharging a firearm in public can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the setting of the crime.
The term “public place” is described as any place intended or designed to be visited or accessed by the public. The term “knowingly” is described as an act committed with full awareness, understanding, and intent.
Discharging a Firearm in Public occurs when any person who knowingly and recklessly discharges a firearm in a public place or on the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street, or street or over any occupied premises.
CONSEQUENCES OF DISCHARGING A FIREARM IN PUBLIC IN FLORIDA
In Florida, Discharging Firearms in Public charges have very serious consequences and will be firmly contested by the State Attorney to the full extent. It is important that if you are charged with this Florida Weapons crime you contact a skilled defense attorney to fight off the over-ambitious criminal charges often sought out by prosecutors.
The weapons crime of Discharging a Firearm in Public is generally charged as a first-degree misdemeanor. A first-degree misdemeanor carries consequences of up to 1 year in jail and fines of up to $1,000.
The weapons crime of Discharging Weapons in Public may be enhanced to a third-degree felony if the accused fired the weapon from a vehicle. A third-degree felony carries consequences of up to 5 years in prison and fines of up to $5,000.
DISCHARGING A FIREARM IN PUBLIC CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
If you’re facing discharging a firearm in public charges - We are here for you and we are prepared to support you through this challenging time until the very end of your case. Rossen Law Firm has a lot of experience in relation to all types of weapon cases. We have mastered our defense strategies and deliver the greatest results for weapon charges.
Contact our office today if you are facing discharging a firearm in public charges. We do not waste any time because the second you choose us to represent you we begin working on your case immediately and work towards our goal of obtaining the best outcome for your charge.
Discharging a Firearm in Public Defenses in Florida
- Defense of Property: If a person has been charged with the crime of discharging a firearm in public and were simply trying to protect their property after another individual was found trespassing, the defense of property argument can be used to protect you from any criminalization that comes with this charge.
- Self-Defense: If the “force” that the accused used is considered to be reasonable or understandable to another individual who puts themselves in the same scenario as the accused is charged with the crime of discharging a firearm in public, the case of self-defense can be used as a valid argument against the charges.
- Non-Public Place: In order for the criminal conviction to the crime of discharging a firearm in public to occur the State must prove that the individual knowingly discharged a firearm in a public place. If you were out hunting in the woods and you were charged with the crime of discharging a firearm in public, an experienced defense attorney could argue that where you were hunting is not considered a “public place” under Florida Law.
Discharging a Firearm in Public Criminal Defense Strategy Session in South Florida
If you have been charged with discharging a firearm in public, please understand it is our top priority to protect your rights. We do so by providing each of our clients with personalized efforts and aggressive defense to fight their criminal charges.
We give each of our potential client’s FREE strategy sessions and communicate with them the best strategy we can take to beat their case.
Give us a call today:
HOW WE WIN WEAPON CRIME CASES IN FLORIDA
- Learn how we got an aggravated assault with a firearm and carrying a concealed firearm charge DISMISSED in Pompano Beach, Florida.
- Learn how Rossen Law Firm got a Deadly Weapon charge DROPPED in Florida.