Child Abuse Defense Attorney to Fight your South Florida charge
We know facing a Child Abuse charge or allegation in South Florida can feel overwhelming, but Rossen Law Firm is here to guide you through the legal process and to defend your rights.
What is a Child Abuse Crime in Florida?
In Florida, the crime of child abuse can take three forms, including:
- The deliberate infliction of physical or mental injury upon a child; or
- an intentional act that could reasonably be expected to result in physical or mental injury to a child;
- or active encouragement of any person to commit an act that results or could reasonably be expected to result in physical or mental injury to a child. (FLA. STAT. § 827.03 - 2019)
CONSEQUENCES OF CHILD ABUSE IN FLORIDA
CHILD ABUSE CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
If you’re facing a child abuse charge - you’ve come to the right place. Rossen Law Firm has extensive experience providing a compassionate and aggressive defense to child abuse charges.
Facing a child abuse charge is difficult enough. The last thing you need is someone judging you for it. Our firm is a judgment-free zone where your respect and dignity are our top priority.
Give our office a call if you’re facing a child abuse charge. We’ll listen to your story, discuss the best course of action for you, and see what resources may assist you. One mistake shouldn’t have the power to ruin your life - that’s why we’re here.
Child Abuse Defenses in Florida
- False Allegations: Sometimes, accusers make allegations that are not true out of spite, jealousy, manipulation, or coercion. If the alleged victim’s accusations are untrue, this could be used as a basis for defense.
- Parental Privilege: A parent or one standing in loco parentis (such as a teacher) has the right to reasonably discipline a child under their control and authority. This defense only applies when injuries do not go beyond minor bruising as a result of discipline.
- No Evidence of Harm: Some punishments are considered abuse by the public or neighbors. However, another defense is possible if there is no actual or lasting harm to the child. When the youth does not suffer an injury to their body, the prosecution may have little argument against the parents. The legal defense may effectively argue against child abuse when there is no evidence that the child suffered harm or injury from the discipline.
Free Child Abuse Criminal Defense Strategy Session in South Florida
We handle child abuse cases of all types. With several years of experience, we know how to create a plan to fight your case and protect your freedom.
We offer COMPLIMENTARY strategy sessions so you know how we’ll fight to get the best results for your case.
Give us a call today:
HOW WE WIN CHILD ABUSE CASES IN FLORIDA
- Learn how we got Aggravated Child Abuse Reduced to Contributing to the Dependency of a Minor in Pembroke Pines, Florida.
- Learn how Rossen Law Firm got Contributing to the Dependency of a Minor Reduced to Disorderly Conduct in South Florida.