Simple Assault Criminal Defense Attorney to Fight your Fort Lauderdale Charge
We know facing simple assault charges in Florida can feel like you’ve now suddenly been labeled as a 'criminal’. Rossen Law Firm is here to listen to your side of the story and fight for your rights and freedom.
What is a Simple Assault Crime in Florida?
An assault crime is when someone threatens in word or action to harm someone and creates fear that the harm is unavoidable
Legally speaking, Simple Assault is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, in order to create a well-founded fear in any reasonable person that harm or violence is imminent.
To learn more about Florida's legal definition of Assault, read more on our Assault & Battery page.
CONSEQUENCES OF SIMPLE ASSAULT CRIMES IN FLORIDA
Simple Assault is a second-degree misdemeanor.
Learn about more battery and assault crime penalties in Florida here.
SIMPLE ASSAULT CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
If you’re facing a simple assault charge - you’ve come to the right place. Rossen Law Firm has extensive experience providing a compassionate and expert defense to simple assault charges.
If you’re facing a simple assault charge - we are here to lend an expert hand and help you through this challenging time. We believe we are the best because we go the extra mile for every client in need.
Give our office a call if you’re facing simple assault charges. We’ll listen to your story, discuss the best course of action for you and see what resources may help you. One mistake shouldn’t have the power to ruin your life - and we’ll fight to make sure it doesn’t.
Simple Assault Defenses in Florida
- Self-Defense: A type of affirmative defense used to mitigate or avoid legal consequences of an otherwise unlawful use of force. A self-defense claim recognizes the commission of a violent act, but excuses the act on the grounds that it was reasonably necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to themselves. When a person is legally present and fearful of their life, Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law provides legal immunity to those who use deadly force to defend themselves.
- Defendant Unable to Carry Out the Threat: The State must prove that the defendant had the apparent ability to commit the alleged threat. A common defense to assault is when the threat made is impossible to carry out or cannot be immediately implemented.
- Defense of Property: An affirmative defense that recognizes the commission of a violent act, but excuses it on the grounds that it was necessary to protect a person’s land, home, vehicle, or other property. This defense only applies when non-deadly force is used to protect property itself.
Free Simple Assault Criminal Defense Strategy Session in South Florida
We handle simple assault cases of all types. We know how to protect your rights and provide you with a personalized and professional defense to your criminal charges.
Our firm offers FREE strategy sessions so you know how we’ll fight to get the best possible results for your case. No matter what your questions are, we are happy to answer them during your initial consultation.
Give us a call today:
HOW WE WIN SIMPLE ASSAULT CASES IN FLORIDA
- Learn how we got Simple Battery Charges Dropped in Boca Raton, FL.
- Learn how Rossen Law Firm got Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon Charged Dropped in Davie, Florida.