It’s my first DUI—will I go to jail in South Florida? DUI Lawyer Answers
No result is ever guaranteed, and no lawyer should ever tell you that it is. While it is very unlikely that you will go to jail for your first DUI, it is still a possibility to go to jail for your first DUI.
It all depends on your particular case, and the details of your case. While jail time for a first-time DUI in Florida is certainly less likely, it is not out of the question.
FIRST-TIME DUI PENALTIES IN FLORIDA
The maximum penalty for a first-time DUI in South Florida is six months up to a full year in jail. The amount of Jail time depends on the breath test result (if you complied with a breathalyzer test) as well as other circumstances such as if there was a crash or not involved in the DUI arrest.
There are many ways to fight and beat a DUI case and avoid jail time, but you will need a great DUI lawyer on your side who knows how to get you a great result on your Florida DUI case.
JAIL Penalties for a First-Time DUI Conviction In Florida
- 0 months in jail – it is possible to have NO jail time
- Up to 6 months in jail – possible if you refused a breath test, or if your Blood Alcohol Content was below 0.15 (legal limit is 0.08)
- Up to 9 months if your BAC was above 0.15, or if you had a minor in the car with you at the time of the DUI arrest
- Up to 1 year if there was a crash as a result of Driving Under the Influence
DRIVER’S LICENSE Penalties for a First-Time DUI Conviction In Florida
- 6 month minimum Driver’s License suspension if convicted of a DUI in Florida
- 1 year maximum Driver’s License suspension if convicted of a DUI in Florida
FINE Penalties for a First-Time DUI Conviction In Florida
- $500 to $1,000 possible in fines
- $1,000 to $2,000 possible in fines if a minor was in the car, or if your BAC was above 0.15
Free DUI Consultations with DUI Lawyer in South Florida
We’ve successfully handled a variety of Florida DUI charges and cases and are confident we can give you the results and aggressive defense you deserve and need to protect your liberty.
We offer a FREE strategy session (above & beyond a free consultation)to new clients interested in discussing the details of their case so you know how we plan to get the best possible outcome for you and your case.
Give us a call today:
- Fort Lauderdale: (754) 206-6200
- Sunrise: (754) 999-2499
- Boca Raton: (561) 880-8181
See all locations Rossen Law Firm practices DUI Defense.
HOW WE WIN DUI CASES IN FLORIDA
- Learn how we fought for a Driving Under the Influence charged reduced to reckless driving in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Learn how Rossen Law Firm got a DUI charge REDUCED to reckless driving in Boynton Beach, Florida.