It’s my first DUI—will I go to jail in South Florida?
No result is ever guaranteed, and no lawyer should ever tell you that it is. While it is very unlikely that you will go to jail for your first DUI, it is still a possibility to go to jail for your firsrt DUI.
It all depends on your particular case, and the details of your case. While jail time for a first-time DUI in Florida is certainly less likely, it is not out of the question.
FIRST-TIME DUI PENALTIES IN FLORIDA
The maximum penalty for a first-time DUI in South Florida is six months up to a full year in jail. The amount of Jail time depends on the breath test result (if you complied with a breathalzer test) as well as other circumstances such as if there was a crash or not involved in the DUI arrest.
JAIL Penalties for a First-Time DUI Conviction In Florida
- 0 months in jail - it is possible to have NO jail time
- Up to 6 months in jail - possible if you refused a breath test, or if your Blood Alcohol Content was below 0.15 (legal limit is 0.08)
- Up to 9 months if your BAC was above 0.15, or if you had a minor in the car with you at the time of the DUI arrest
- Up to 1 year if there was a crash as. aresult of Driving Under the Influence
DRIVER'S LICENSE Penalties for a First-Time DUI Conviction In Florida
- 6 month minimum Driver's License suspension if convicted of a DUI in Florida
- 1 year maximum Driver's License suspension if convicted of a DUI in Florida
FINE Penalties for a First-Time DUI Conviction In Florida
- $500 to $1,000 posisble in fines
- $1,000 to $2,000 possible in fines if a minor was in the car, or if your BAC was above 0.15