Yes, criminal no contact orders can be modified or dismissed by the judge. However in order for this to happen, the alleged victim will have to appear in court to explain to the judge why he/she wants the no contact order either modified  or dismissed.


Even if the alleged victim asks for the no contact order to be modified, the judge can still say no. This is likely to happen if there is a longstanding history of abuse between the parties. If that is the case, it could even result in more anger management sanctions on the defendant.