How much does Batterers’ Intervention Program cost in Florida?
The Batterers’ Intervention Programs cost varies in Florida, but the program typically costs between $700 and $1,000.
Florida’s Batterers’ Intervention Program is monitored by the Florida Department of Children and Families and the costs typically falls to the participating individual. Participants are charges an enrollment or program fee, along with a $30 participation fee for each weekly group counseling session they attend. There are 26 group counselling sessions that are part of Florida Batterers’ Intervention Programs. When you do the math, 26 x 30 = $780. In theory, that is about the minimum cost to participate in a Florida Batterers’ Intervention Programs.
What is the Batterers’ Intervention Program?
In short, Florida Batterers’ Intervention Programs are 6-week course designed to address the root causes of domestic violence and prevent participants from committing acts of domestic violence in the future.
To get into the batter’s intervention program, you have to go through an initial assessment.
Part of the assessment involves a psychosocial evaluation to determine if you need any additional mental health or substance abuse treatment or other kind of support. Going through the batterers intervention program, if accepted, as well as mental health, substance abuse, or any other type of additional therapy are good moves for your personal health and great moves toward helping you get a good outcome in your criminal Florida domestic violence case.
Resources for Florida Batterers:
- Here is a list we’ve complied of South Florida resources for both batterers and victims of domestic violence.
- Florida Courts Provides a list of Batterers’ Intervention Program Providers in Florida :
- If you’re in Broward County, you want to check out the resources for the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit.
- If you’re in Miami-Dade County, you want to check out the resources for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit.
- If you’re in Palm Beach County, you want to check out the resources for the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit.
If you are interested in learning more about batter’s intervention program, or how it applies to your specific case, give our office a call. We’re here to help.
We offer free strategy sessions to see how we can help you. Because of the serious consequences attached to domestic violence cases in Florida, it’s important to make sure you know your rights and have someone who’s fully on your side fighting for you.
Give us a call today: